Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a beautiful appetizer! It is easy & wonderful! It makes for a lovely start for a dinner party. Source: Midwest Living UPDATE: 12/15/2009, a reviewer suggested serving with gingersnaps from the World Market. Thank you Chef #1481855. ;)
- 15 ounces round brie cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cognac or 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- fresh strawberries (optional, for garnish)
- Place Brie on a pie plate.
- Cover with nuts.
- Pat brown sugar over nuts.
- Drizzle with cognac or maple syrup.
- Bake in 350F degree oven for 20-25 minutes or until sugar is lightly golden and Bries is warm, but not runny.
- If desired, garnish with fresh strawberries.
- Serve with rye rounds, bagel chips or crackers and enjoy.
This is one of our favorite Christmas recipes. I serve it with the thin gingersnaps from World Market for extra flavor.