Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are really yummy!! There are a lot of directions but are really easy to make. I make these for cookie exchanges around the holidays.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt into a medium bowl. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer (or Kitchenaid with paddle attatchement), cream butter and 1 1/2 cups brown sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add egg and vanilla. Beat until fully combined.
- Add dry ingredients, and beat on low speed until combined.
- Drop batter by rounded teaspoons on to an ungreased baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake until firm and barely golden, 10 to 12 minutes. Wait 5 minutes before transferring cookies to a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan, combine remaining 1 cup brown sugar and cream.
- Bring to a boil over a medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes.Remove from heat.
- Add powdered sugar, and whisk until smooth.
- (If frostening thickens too much, thin with heavy cream.).
- Add pecan pieces.
- Place cookies on a cooling rack over a lined baking sheet.
- Spoon about 1/2 teas praline mixture onto each cookie.
Ummmmm Ummmmmm GOOD!!! These were so easy to make and DELICIOUS!! For anyone like myself who had never made praline topping before, add the praline topping quickly to your cookies as the topping will start to harden as it cools. I kept mine on the stove on low and brought the cooling rack of cookies to the stove. These were a big hit with hubby who described them as a little taste of New Orleans.
These cookies are AMAZINGLY delicious and the presentation is bakery quality! I entertain a lot and am always trying new recipes, especially around the holidays. Presentation is a big deal for me and these cookies look and taste DIVINE! They are very easy to make, but I must say they are a bit on the rich side so one cookie at a time is plenty for me!
These were delicious! I made them to put on cookie trays for the neighbors. Of course we ate more than our fair share. Followed the recipe exactly and they turned out great! Thanks Kennasmommy!