Recipe by Gabo
Another recipe I'm going to try making for my on-the-run breakfasts. These are the closest I could find to a power square that I've had at a little concession stand, except I think theirs had coconut in it too. The times are completely guessed, because the recipe does not specify.
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 5 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups high-protein cereal
- 1⁄2 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1⁄2 cup roasted sunflower seeds, salted
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup milk chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter a 9 x 13 square pan.
- Melt the butter over medium-low heat in a pot large enough to hold all ingredients.
- Add the marshmallows and cook, stirring frequently, until the marshmallows have melted.
- Add the vanilla to the marshmallows.
- In a separate bowl, toss together the cereal, almonds, sunflower seeds and dried cranberries. Add to the marshmallow mixture and stir to completely coat.
- Stir in the chocolate chips, which will slightly melt.
- Working with buttered hands, press the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Cool completely and then cut into squares. Store in an airtight container.