Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar (for coating)
- Beat shortening and butter until light,gradually add 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar,beating constantly.
- Beat in egg,vanilla and almond extract to mix well.
- Sift together flour,baking soda,cream of tarter and salt.
- Stir in nuts.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 1 inch apart onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove to cooling racks and while still warm,roll in powdered sugar,when cool roll in powdered sugar again.