Recipe by Tulip-Fairy
My mother used this recipe when I was a child, I have used this ever since I started to cook.
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour and salt in a basin, make a hollow in the centre and drop in the egg.
- Stir with a wooden spoon and add liquid gradually, until all the flour is worked inches.
- Beat well and add remaining liquid.
- For each pancake -- melt a small piece of fat in the frying pan. When it begins to smoke, stir the batter and place approximately 2 tablespoons in the pan.
- When golden brown underneath, turn and cook other side.
- Turn out on sugared paper, sprinkle with sugar and lemon juice and roll up.
- Pancakes keep well in the freezer, excellent for savoury pancakes in a hurry, especially when you've got left over dinner to put in the middle of them. Top with a cheese sauce and bake until bubbling hot. YUMMO!