Recipe by Eldeevee
I got this recipe from my mother in law. This is a great light chicken dish that is worthy of company.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced thinly
Directions See How It's Made
- Shake the chicken pieces in a bag with flour, salt, pepper, paprika and curry powder. (I usually cut the chicken in half at this point so each piece has a tomato on top)
- Melt 1/4 cup of butter in a 2 quart shallow baking dish.
- Place chicken pieces on top of butter and cook in the oven at 375*F for 30 minutes or until golden brown on the underside and chicken is tender.
- Meanwhile, melt 2 tbsp of butter over medium heat and stir in flour and cook until bubbly.
- Add chicken stock and white wine slowly stirring until smooth (this is a thin sauce).
- Remove chicken from oven, turn pieces over and top each piece of chicken with a tomato slice, sliced mushrooms and sprinkle with the green onions.
- Top with the sauce and return to oven for about 20 minutes lowering the heat to 300*F.