Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 mins
An easy no-fuss recipe serves as an elegant appeatizer, a delicious snack or fast and funky party food.
For the potted Stilton
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 8 ounces Stilton cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons port wine
- 1 tablespoon green peppercorn
- 4 leaves parsley
- 2 tablespoons clarified butter
- salt and black pepper
- toasted rye bread
- salad leaves
- Mash the butter and Stilton together with a fork.
- Add the port and peppercorns and mash until thoroughly combined.
- Season with black pepper and a touch of salt.
- Spoon into 4 ramekins and push down to create a smooth surface.
- Push a parsley leaf into the top of each one and then cover with clarified butter. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Remove the pots from the fridge and leave for 20 minutes to reach room temperature. Serve with the toasted bread and mixed leaves.
I too made a small batch--now I have to make it again and in a larger quantity! A wonderful mix of flavors. Thanks, Rose.
I made up one serving of this and it is delicious! The Stilton and Port are made for one another. I had it made and in the fridge, 'ripening' in 5 minutes. DH and I enjoyed it as a late night snack.