1/1 Photo of (Potatoes with garlic and cheese) Pommes de terre a l'ail
Turned out onto a platter, these potatoes make a lovely presentation for a buffet table, and taste sumtuous!! Evolved from "French Cooking by Eileen Reece"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wipe out a heavy cast iron deep frypan (cocotte) with an oiled paper.
- 2Cut the bacon into 1/2 inch wide strips, and over a mediium heat cook until crisp and golden coloured, then add the oil and a first layer of potatoes.
- 3Season well with salt and pepper and cover with a layer of grated cheese.
- 4Continue filling the dish with alternate layers of seasoned potatoes and cheese until the dish is full.
- 5Sprinkle with finely chopped garlic and parsley.
- 6Cover the dish and place over a low heat.
- 7Cook for 30 minutes shaking the dish occasionally but do not stir the contents.
- 8When the potatoes are tender when pierced with a pointed knife, pour the cream over the surface, replace the lid and cook for a further 3 to 4 minutes.
- 9Serve the gratin immediately either in the dish or turned out on to a heated serving dish, crusted side uppermost.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for (Potatoes with garlic and cheese) Pommes de terre a l'ail
Serving Size: 1 (207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 354.7
- Calories from Fat 209
- Total Fat 23.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 43.7 mg
- Sodium 271.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 11.4 g