Top Review by BoxO'Wine
I followed the recipe exactly as written. We did not care for this as we found the sauce to be too heavy to compliment the delicate baby potatoes. Too many ingredients resulted in a clash of flavors competing with each other with the green onions and bacon being the strong suite here.
- 2 lbs small new potatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 6 slices bacon, cooked & crumbled
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and place in large bowl.
- Add the butter and green onions, tossing gently to coat.
- Whisk the cream and flour together in a saucepan and add the blue cheese and seasonings.
- Cook over medium heat for 3 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Pour over the potatoes and toss gently.
- Sprinkle with bacon and parsley.
- Serve immediately.