Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Besides using Bacon Jam (Bacon Jam) for grilled cheese, appetizer etc. I fry potatoes in it as well.
- 4 large potatoes, peeled, cubed in 1/2-inch dice
- 59.14 ml bacon jam (or more)
- 14.79 ml oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 eggs (optional)
- In a microwaveable container with lid, place the potatoes with some water and cook on high for 8 minutes.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- In large, non stick frying pan, over medium high, heat the oil and melt down the bacon jam.
- Add the potatoes and fry for approximately 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- If using, crack the eggs over the potatoes.
- Cover with a lid and cook to desired doneness.
These were very good; glad I remembered the bacon jam in the freezer! I'm always looking for a new way to cook potatoes and these fell right in with breakfast yesterday morning. I definitely enjoyed the depth of flavor the bacon jam imparts! Thanks for sharing, Lori Mama!
Delicious and easy! How can you go wrong with bacon? Followed the directions but my potatoes were done frying in about 8 minutes-all a matter of potato size and the temperature of the burner which varies. Served with recipe#427840. Thank you Lori for sharing.