Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Mushrooms are underrated as a companion for potatoes.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 3 cups shredded potatoes (can use the frozen kind, defrosted)
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup cheese, shredded (I prefer cheddar or American)
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- Heat olive oil and balsamic vinegar in skillet.
- Add mushrooms and cook till tender, about 8 minutes, and set aside.
- Press potatoes onto bottom and up sides of greased 9" pie plate.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 25 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Combine corn, cheese, and cooked mushrooms and spoon into potato crust.
- Combine eggs, milk, salt& pepper and pour over vegetables in crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees until set and golden, about 40 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.