Recipe by Marsha D.
Found this recipe in a magazine, not sure which one. I did add a few things to the orginal recipe though.
Top Review by ami.israelsen
Fantastic! The potatoes had such a wonderful flavor that paired perfectly with the red pepper. I made the potato part of the recipe on Sunday and then took care of the pepper part on the night I wanted to serve them for dinner. It cut down on weeknight prep time which made it a great weeknight meal.
- 3 large baking potatoes
- 3 large red peppers, halved
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 7 ounces gouda cheese, shredded
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt (I used Greek seasoning salt)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 450'.
- Bake the potatoes as you would regular for a hour or til done. Take out of oven and cool 15 minutes.
- While potatoes are baking, Cut red peppers in half and clean insides out.
- Blanch red peppers in hot water for 5 minutes, drain and cool.
- Slice potatoes in half and scoop out inside of potatoes in a large bowl. Discard the shell.
- In the large bowl with potatoes add sour cream,butter, Gouda cheese, green onions, parsley flakes, salt and black pepper and Greek seasoning salt. Blend well.
- Place red pepper halves in a baking dish or a foil pan and spoon potato mixture inside the pepper shell. Sprinkle paprika over top of potatoes.
- Heat grill or oven.
- Place red peppers in the foil pan on the rack of the grill and close lid and grill for 15 minutes. (if using oven bake 15 minutes with foil over top of dish).
- Remove from grill or oven and enjoy.