1/6 Photos of Potato-Stuffed Red Bell Peppers
1 hr 10 mins
Marsha D.'s Note:
Found this recipe in a magazine, not sure which one. I did add a few things to the orginal recipe though.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 large baking potatoes
- 3 large red peppers, halved
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 7 ounces gouda cheese, shredded
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoning salt (I used Greek seasoning salt)
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1Preheat oven to 450'.
- 2Bake the potatoes as you would regular for a hour or til done. Take out of oven and cool 15 minutes.
- 3While potatoes are baking, Cut red peppers in half and clean insides out.
- 4Blanch red peppers in hot water for 5 minutes, drain and cool.
- 5Slice potatoes in half and scoop out inside of potatoes in a large bowl. Discard the shell.
- 6In the large bowl with potatoes add sour cream,butter, Gouda cheese, green onions, parsley flakes, salt and black pepper and Greek seasoning salt. Blend well.
- 7Place red pepper halves in a baking dish or a foil pan and spoon potato mixture inside the pepper shell. Sprinkle paprika over top of potatoes.
- 8Heat grill or oven.
- 9Place red peppers in the foil pan on the rack of the grill and close lid and grill for 15 minutes. (if using oven bake 15 minutes with foil over top of dish).
- 10Remove from grill or oven and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato-Stuffed Red Bell Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 396.7
- Calories from Fat 256
- Total Fat 28.5 g
- Saturated Fat 17.3 g
- Cholesterol 88.0 mg
- Sodium 591.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 12.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: