Great potato soup with a wonderful taste for anytime of the year. Don't forget to add the bacon bits to garnish for an added zip! Just double the recipe to fill your crock pot.
- In saucepan combine potatoes, water, chicken bouillon, celery, carrot, onion, parsley, salt, pepper, dill weed and butter.
- Cover and simmer until veggies are tender (about 15-20 minutes).
- Add 3 1/2 cups of milk heat until hot.
- Blend flour with 1/2 cup milk stirring till smooth, then stir in soup.
- Cook, stirring constantly until smooth and bubbly.
- Sprinkle bacon bits over the top and serve.
This was great soup! I did make some alterations. I added about 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes (I do that with just about everything) and 2 cups of cubed ham. Then when I added the milk and flour I also added 1 1/2 cups velveeta. I made it in the crockpot. I put everything but the flour, milk, and cheese in, then about an hour before the potatoes were done, I added them. It took about 7-8 hours on low with the potatoes in one inch dices. Oh, and I used chicken stock in place of the water and boullion. Thanks!
This soup is outstanding! It tastes great and is very easy to make. I did not add the flour, instead I put half of the mixture in the blender and pureed the potatoes - used them as the thickening agent. I also added a bit of grated cheese to the top of each bowl - really tasty! Thank-you for posting this!
Easy to prepare and delicious. I did leave out the dill as I had none. I also slightly mashed the potatoes and carrots in the pot before adding the flour. I added a very tiny amount of Sherry to the soup and I made medium sized dumplings right in the soup and placed one in the middle of each serving just because I love dumplings and they did go great and made a good presentation. Everyone loved the soup, even my DD who doesn't care for soup. Your recipe is a keeper in my house.