Recipe by Lalaloula
These are very yummy, moist and focaccia like buns. The original recipe comes from a famours German chef (the German Jamie Oliver), called Tim Mälzer. I have modified it slightly to suit my taste. Feel free to sub other herbs and spices for the Italian blend I used. These are great for dinner or lunch perhaps served with a soup or topped with cheese.
Top Review by weekend cooker
What a GREAT recipe with ingredients that are usually on hand. Made as posted, and used some grated mozzerella chesse I had leftover too. Also used a dash of basil with this too. Made for Zaar Stars.
- 200 g potatoes, cooked (best day old, 1 1/4 cup)
- 300 g flour (2 1/2 cups)
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 175 ml water (3/4 cup)
- 4.92 ml mixed Italian herbs (or whichever type you would like to try)
- grated cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/400°F.
- Grate the potatoes finely into a big bowl.
- Add flour, baking powder, salt, herbs. Mix well. Add water and oil. Stir well to combine.
- Using your hands form small balls, put them onto a paper-lined baking sheet and flatten slightly. Sprinkle with cheese if using.
- Bake for about 30 minutes (you might want to check after 20 minutes).
- Note: These are great eaten directly from the oven, but can also be eaten cold.