1/2 Photos of Potato Pizza
I found this recipe in the Feb/Mar 1999 issue of Taste of Home magazine. When I told my family that we were having "potato pizza" for dinner, they looked at me like I'd lost my mind. But now, they request it often! I have modified the original recipe slightly. I added garlic to the mashed potatoes and I don't pre-bake the crust at all. Every time I serve this I get rave reviews. Leftovers are just as tasty reheated the next day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large saucepan or dutch oven, boil potatoes until very tender.
- 2Meanwhile, unroll pizza crust onto ungreased pizza pan or cookie sheet.
- 3Flatten dough and build up edges slightly.
- 4Prick dough with tines of a fork.
- 5Pre-bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- 6Drain potatoes and transfer to mixing bowl.
- 7Mash with milk, garlic powder and salt until smooth.
- 8Spread over crust.
- 9In a skillet, partially cook the diced bacon.
- 10Add onion and red pepper; cook until tender and bacon is crisp.
- 11Drain well.
- 12Sprinkle bacon and vegetables over potatoes.
- 13Top with cheeses.
- 14Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
- 15Serve with sour cream if desired.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (549 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1067.0
- Calories from Fat 679
- Total Fat 75.4 g
- Saturated Fat 31.9 g
- Cholesterol 156.9 mg
- Sodium 1788.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 40.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
prepared pizza crust