Recipe by tonistime
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. My inspiration for this recipe came from the "King". It's no secret that one of Elvis Pressely's favorite snacks was a fried peanut butter and banana sandwhich encrusted in potato chips. So I went for the banana encrusted in potato and peanut butter then deep fried it of coarse. I was surprised how well the flavors worked and the banana was just perfect. A great easy snack or what a way to dress up a banana split.
- 2 large bananas, sliced down the middle then in half
- 1⁄2 cup Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons peanut butter
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Warm potatoes 30 seconds in microwave.
- With a spoon make sure potatoes are mashed really good getting all lumps out.
- Add peanut butter and combine with powdered sugar, blend well.
- Place bananas in batter make sure bananas well coated on all sides.
- Drop bananas in hot oil cook for 45-60 seconds.
- Serve with powdered sugar sprinkled on top.