Recipe by Toby Jermain
This is a quick and easy side-dish that doesn't take to much attention while you are working on the rest of dinner. It's also good with breakfast if you brown the potatoes a little bit extra.
Top Review by Chippie1
We really enjoyed this recipe and will definately be making again. Sent the DH to the market for 3 medium potatoes and what does he come back with? You guessed it 3 HUGE potatoes(LOL). Used 1 1/2 of the babies and was still too much for my frying pan, so they didn't get as brown as we would have liked them but not the recipe's fault, it was the DH's confusion of what medium is. Served these with Roasted Garlic Chicken with Rosemary #85362 and they complemented eachother wonderfully! Thanks for a great side dish Toby, will be making again with the correct size of potatoes. :)
- 3 medium potatoes, cut in julienne strips
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter or 2 -3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced cleaned mushroom, more as desired
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced scallion (green onions)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet, saute potatoes in butter of olive oil, or a combination, for about 12 minutes or until done and nicely browned.
- Stir gently while cooking to prevent sticking.
- Add remaining ingredients except parsley.
- Cook, stirring occasionallly, until vegetables are soft.
- Transfer to a serving dish, and garnish with parsley.