Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe has become a regular for me. It can also be divided to make 2 slightly smaller casseroles. I love to mix it up and pop half in a disposable pan and freeze. This way, it is easy to take to friends in need, like after a birth or a death in the family.
- 1 (32 ounce) bag frozen hash browns
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup bacon bits
- 1 (8 ounce) can mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (F).
- In a very large bowl, mix all ingredients.
- Pour into a casserole pan (sprayed with a non-stick spray).
- Bake for one hour or until potatoes are tender.
Very easy to make. I think I''ll leave out the bacon bits next time. Maybe I''ll try real bacon.
I've never bought frozen hash browns before, but this worked very well. It does make a lot so I, too, froze half of it. The leftovers I had I wraped in a tortilla the next day for dinner. I used cream of broccoli soup instead of mushroom. It is a good recipe.
This recipe is simply wonderful. I added cooked chopped chicken to make it a meal in one and me and my husband loved it. It does make a very lot so freezing half the batch is a good idea. This will become a regular in our house, easy to make and delicious to eat. Thanks!!!