1/1 Photo of Potato, Leek and Onion Soup
1 hr 10 mins
Another hearty Scottish soup
My Private Note
cups, a ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim off tops and roots of leeks, discard tough outer layer.
- 2Split lengthways and chop finely, wash and drain.
- 3In a large saucepan, gently melt the butter; add the leeks, potatoes and onion.
- 4Stir to coat the veggies well in the butter.
- 5Season with salt and pepper.
- 6Cover pan and let vegetables sweat over very low heat for about 15 minutes or so.
- 7Then add the chicken stock and milk, bring to simmer and leave simmering gently for further 20 minutes or until veggies are soft.
- 8Then either liquidize or puree in a food processor or blender.
- 9Return to pan and reheat gently, check seasoning as required.
- 10Stir in chives (or parsley).
- 11Add a swirl of cream just before serving.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato, Leek and Onion Soup
Serving Size: 1 (214 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 312.4
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 46.1 mg
- Sodium 166.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 6.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-fat chicken broth