Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 8 medium potatoes
- 3 egg yolks, Beaten
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- Peel potatoes and cut into 3/4" to 1" cubes, then boil in salted water 8-10 minutes until soft.
- Drain and mash smoothly.
- Blend in egg yolks, corn starch, bread crumbs, salt and pepper.
- Mix thoroughly and shape into dumplings.
- You may need to add flour to make dumplings hold together.
- Roll each dumpling in flour and drop into rapidly boiling water.
- Cover and cook for about 15 or 20 minutes.
Delicious and easy and hearty. Used seasoned breadcrumbs, but otherwise made exactly as stated. Will make again. Thanks.