Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
I think that I got this recipe from a Hungry Jack box. Anyway, it quick and tasty, and you should try it!
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup Italian dressing
- salt and pepper, to taste
- paprika, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup instant potato flakes
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cut any visible fat from chicken.
- Place Italian dressing in a large bowl. Place potato flakes in a separate large bowl.
- With one hand (your 'wet hand'), coat chicken with dressing. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and paprika to taste with your 'dry hand'.
- Place chicken breast in potato flake bowl. With dry hand, coat chicken well with potato flakes.
- Place breasts in a baking dish. Bake in oven for 40-45 minutes until chicken is no longer pink.
You can't get much easier than this! The recipe appealed to me because I always have boneless/skinless chicken breasts in my freezer and there are many weeknights when I need a quick/easy recipe. The chicken was tender and had good flavor. The only issue I had was that the coating along the bottom of the chicken did not get crispy. I might try to flip it during cooking next time.
Wonderful chicken, moist and delicious! The Italian dressing and the potato flakes come together to form a yummy topping for the chicken. Thanks for posting this recipe!
Simple and tasty recipe. Made it for Week #3 Football pool 2009