Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a wonderful real chocolate-like potato candies that you will love and can't stop eating them. They are best when chilled. Simple mashed potatoes are used, following bag directions, microwate instructions. You could also use those left over mashed potatoes.
- 453.59 g semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 236.59 ml mashed potatoes
- 2.46 ml salt
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- 907.18 g confectioners' sugar
- 158.51 ml flaked coconut
- Melt chocolates by heating them in the top of a double boiler, stirring it occasionally, until melted and smooth. Or you can melt chocolate in a microwave.
- In a mixing bowl, mix potatoes together with salt, vanilla and coconut flakes. Drizzle confectioners’ sugar over potatoes, stir and add sugar gradually about 1 cup at a time. Mixture will get like liquid when first sugar is added then will begin to thicken.
- When mixture becomes the consistency of stiff dough, knead it even if not all the sugar has been added.
- After kneading, cover it with a damp cloth and chill until you can roll the candy into a ball, use a spoon to pick it up and roll them into small ½ inch balls. Then if you like roll balls in melted chocolate then then you can roll in peanuts or coconut.