1/2 Photos of Potato Chive Frittata
1 hr 25 mins
I tried this recipe after seeing it in a newspaper article. There was a higher fat version and lower fat version. This was the lower fat version I tried. It is very good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel potatoes and place in a 3-quart pot, cover with cold water by 2 inches and bring to a boil over moderately high heat; add salt.
- 2Simmer until potatoes are fork tender but not falling apart, 20-25 minutes.
- 3Drain in a colander and when just cool enough to handle, cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
- 4Preheat oven to 350 degrees and arrange rack in center of oven.
- 5Heat oil in a 10-inch nonstick skillet (if the handle is not ovenproof, wrap it tightly in aluminum foil) over moderate heat until hot but not smoking.
- 6Add potatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- 7Whisk together flour, chives, baking powder and pepper in a bowl.
- 8Whisk together eggs and cheeses in another bowl until well combined; whisk in flour mixture.
- 9Pour egg mixture over potatoes and bake until firm and puffy, about 45 minutes.
- 10Let cool 5 minutes.
- 11Run a small knife around edge of frittata and gently slide onto a platter.
- 12Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Chive Frittata
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 305.8
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 234.9 mg
- Sodium 351.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 21.2 g