- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup minced scallion
- 1⁄2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herb seasoning
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups crushed potato chips (amount varies with leftovers)
- 4 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- instant mashed potatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Saute scallions, parsley and herb blend for approximately three minutes.
- Sprinkle flour over pan and stir for another two minutes.
- Stir in chips and cook one minute more.
- Slowly add milk while stirring until soup begins to simmer and thicken.
- Quickly stir in cheese until melted.
- Add instant mashed potatoes until desired thickness is obtained.