Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
Don't waste the crumbs! Saw this on t.v. (Don't remember which show) Tasty!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup minced scallion
- 1⁄2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herb seasoning
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups crushed potato chips (amount varies with leftovers)
- 4 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- instant mashed potatoes
- Heat butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Saute scallions, parsley and herb blend for approximately three minutes.
- Sprinkle flour over pan and stir for another two minutes.
- Stir in chips and cook one minute more.
- Slowly add milk while stirring until soup begins to simmer and thicken.
- Quickly stir in cheese until melted.
- Add instant mashed potatoes until desired thickness is obtained.
Probably the worst thing I've ever consumed in my entire life. At first it tasted
The kids cooked this meal and loved it. I put about 1/4 cup of instant mash. My hubby cooked some bacon and added it to his. Thanks the kids thought they were very clever using chips for dinner.
If I had prepared this myself I wouldn't have known it was made with potato chips. I liked the flavor that the Italian seasoning added to the soup. Thanks princess buttercup for such a quick and tasty soup recipe. Bullwinkle.