Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Delicious! I found this recipe in a Better Homes and Gardens 30 minute meals cookbook. It was easy to prepare. I doubled the recipe because you can never have enough soup!
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups chicken broth or 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups yukon gold potatoes or 2 cups white potatoes, peeled
- 2 1⁄2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 cup half-and-half or 1 cup light cream or 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded swiss cheese (10oz)
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, cook onion in hot butter until tender.
- Carefully add broth and potatoes.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 6 minutes.
- Add cauliflower and return to boiling; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 4 to 6 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- In a small bowl, whisk half-and-half into flour until smooth; add to soup mixture.
- Cook and stir until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- Reduce heat to low. Add the shredded cheese, stirring until melted.
- Do not allow mixture to boil.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Made this for the Aussie/NZ recipe Swap #87 and what a winner! Definately going into my keeper file. I did saute the onion and then made a roux to go into the soup but otherwise made as written and everyone enjoyed this with some garlic bread and a green salad. Once again thank you!
Oh this was so good easy to make I bet broccoi would be good in this to excellent!! thanks
This is so delicious! This soup is amazing and easy to make too. I used gruyere Swiss cheese and I used frozen cauliflower. This is definitely going in my keeper file! Made for Please Make My Recipe Reunion tag in the Australian/new Zealand forum.