- 750 g potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons spring onions, finely chopped
- flour (for dusting)
- 30 g butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the potatoes in salted water for 12 minutes until cooked.
- Drain well and mash; beat in the egg, stir in the spring onions and season to taste.
- Shape spoonfuls of the potato into rounds about 1/2" thick on a lightly floured board.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan and fry the potato cakes in batches for about 5 minutes per side until golden brown, turning once.