Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Yhis one comes from King Arthur Flour.
- 3⁄4 cup sunflower oil
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 3 large eggs
- 4 1⁄2 cups russet potatoes, peeled, cut in 1/2 inch dice
- 3 cups onions, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup carrot (peeled and diced)
- 3⁄4 cup frozen peas (thawed)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- Grease and lightly flour a 13 X 9 inch baking dish. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the sunflower oil, yogurt, and eggs. Add the vegetables and spices. Slowly add the flour and mix until combined. Spread in the prepared pan.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, until top browns. Remove from oven and serve warm for breakfast, as a snack or as a side dish.
Wow! Schweik was this dish good. I was so pleasantly surprised by all the flavor. It was quick and easy to make, with great results. The potatoes were perfectly cooked. We really enjoy potatoes and eggs together. I used corn instead of carrotes as I was out. Loved the heat that you feel in the back of your throat from the cayenne. I will definately be making this dish again and again. Made for FAll Pac Orphanage 2011.