1/1 Photo of Potato Apricot Dumplings
12 hrs 20 mins
Kumquat the Cat's friend's Note:
Wow, this looks interesting! Posted for Zaar World Tour 2005. Comes from a cookbook of countries along the Danube. This recipe is from the Czechs. You could probably try using 24 dried half apricots if fresh are not available. It would affect the texture more than the taste. There seems to be a large dough to apricot ratio, but I have not tried this yet. Cook time includes chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil potatoes in large pot of water, drain and refrigerate for 12-24 hours.
- 2Peel and grate potatoes and place in large bowl. Add eggs, salt, flour and baking powder.
- 3Knead dough until it is firm and set aside.
- 4Half and pit apricots and place a lump of sugar where pit was.
- 5Divide dough in 12 pieces and wrap firmly around each whole apricot. Make sure dumplings are well sealed.
- 6Drop dumplings in 4-6 quarts boiling water and cook for 15-20 minutes. Remove to platter and sprinkle with butter, if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Apricot Dumplings
Serving Size: 1 (425 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 509.8
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 70.5 mg
- Sodium 100.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 107.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 17.1 g
- Protein 14.5 g