Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
delicious cooked on chicken broth, beef broth or any flavor you choose...plump, light and chewy dumplings...sort of this recipe is from my beloved grandma...who is no longer here..but I think I started out with 1 cup or 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour..grandma just mixed the egg, butter and evaporated milk..and added enough flour to make a dough capable of being rolled out with a glass or floured hands..sorry I can not be more exact..
- combine all ingredients and roll out on floured surface and cut in squares.enough all purpose flour to make a dough stiff enough to pat or roll our with drinking glass.that is what grandma used to do --
- We did not realize we were so poor in money.but we sure ate like kings.sorry I can't be more specific about the amount of flour.grandma just used to go the old Hoosier cabinent and crank out a couple of handfuls.just until it felt right --
- I think the couple of times I made it I started out with 1 cup.then added 1/2 cup at a time.until it was pliable --
- sorry for any confusion this may have caused -- that was not my intent.just wanted to share a down home country recipe with my zaar friends.
- boil 10 minutes in covered pot of broth of your choice --
- DO NOT PEEK!
I tried this recipe and all I can say is Grandma knew her cooking, these are delicious. And if I could rate this recipe higher I would. How that saying go, Try it you'll like it and then you'll be hooked, I AM. JERSEYGIRL