Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
A wonderful pasta meal that is healthy! I found this recipe from a women's fitness magazine. The recipe is from Fitness magazine under their monthly "The Fit Life" "meal-o-matic" recipes. My husband and I eat this at least once a week.
- 1 lb whole wheat linguine
- extra virgin olive oil (enough to coat pan)
- 1 fresh lemon (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 garlic cloves
- grating parmesan cheese (fresh shredded)
- The directions for this pasta were very vague, but it is easy to make. Experiment with quantity until you find the right amount of flavors for you. I don't like it too lemony.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Sauté the olive oil and garlic cloves. Sauté until cloves a light golden brown.
- Add lemon juice and cook for around 2 minutes Toss and serve immediately with a grating of parmesan cheese on each serving.
- Optional: grill chicken breasts, cut into strips and add to the pasta.
delicious, easy, inexpensive and healthy. i used the lemon juice, but allowed lots of pulp to get in the sautee pan as well. i let it sautee till the garlic was just browned; not dark brown. i did add a tiny bit of crushed red pepper for some heat, and i used really good shaved parm cheese; not the stuff in the green can. i will make this again. the taste was very light but very flavorful and the dish left you feeling satisfied but not stuffed. thanks so much for sharing!