Recipe by Eli Totz
Attractive super tasty dish. Great for romantic evenings. What's better than scallops? A scallop is what you find inside the Shell Oil shell...
- 1 lb scallops (fresh, ocean scallops only!)
- 1 lime
- 5 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons tamari, shoyu or 3 tablespoons soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop ginger and garlic coarsely.
- Heat a cast iron skillet.
- Add sesame oil.
- Let the oil heat and then add garlic and ginger.
- Once the garlic had caramelized, add scallops.
- Sprinkle with tamari and cook for 5 minutes.
- Squeeze a whole lime into the skillet and cook for one more minute.
- Serve immediately.
- It's very important not to overcook the scallops!