A spicy sparkling lemonade. You can make this an adult beverage by substituting white Vinho Verde (a young semi-sparkling wine from Portugal) for the carbonated seltzer. CAUTION: Bird's eye chiles are very hot.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the pepper in a 1 1/2 liter pitcher and crush with a pestle.
- 2Juice 6 of the lemons and pour the juice into the pitcher.
- 3Warm the honey slightly in a microwave and add to the juice, stirring well.
- 4Add the cilantro and lemon slices.
- 5Just before serving, add seltzer to pitcher and stir lightly.
- 6Serve over ice.
Browse Our Top Non-Alcoholic Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Portuguese Lemonade
Serving Size: 1 (321 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 200.2
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 39.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 48.8 g
- Protein 1.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red bird's eye chilies