1 hr 10 mins
A prize recipe from Bella Monica, a north Raleigh (NC) restaurant. Gotta love anything w/ portobella mushrooms!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 9 portabella mushroom caps, sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded asiago cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 8 sheets fresh pasta, 8x10-inch (may use frozen, if frozen, noodles should be thawed)
- 1/2 lb fresh spinach, washed
- 1 cup sun-dried tomato (rehydrated if not preserved in oil)
- 1/2 lb fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh sage
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped chives
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 3Toss portobella slices with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- 4Transfer to baking sheet and bake 12-15 mins until dark and meaty; set aside.
- 5Tomato-cheese sauce:.
- 6In a large mixing bowl, combine tomato sauce, eggs, ricotta, Parmesan, shredded mozzarella, and Asiago cheese, salt and pepper.
- 8Lay 1 pasta sheet in the bottom of an 9x13x3 1/2" lasagna dish or other deep baking dish.
- 9Top with 1/8th of tomato-cheese mixture.
- 10Assemble the remaining ingredients in the following order:.
- 112nd pasta sheet topped with 1/8th of tomato-cheese mixture and 1/2 of the spinach.
- 123rd pasta sheet topped with 1/8th of the tomato-cheese mixture and 1/2 of the portobellas.
- 134th pasta sheet topped with 1/8th of the tomato-cheese mixture and the sun dried tomatoes.
- 145th pasta sheet topped with 1/8th of the tomato-cheese mixture and the remaining 1/2 of the portobellas.
- 156th pasta sheet topped with 1/8th of the tomato-cheese mixture and the remaining 1/2 of spinach.
- 167th pasta sheet topped with 1/8th of the tomato-cheese mixture.
- 178th pasta sheet topped with 1/8th of the tomato-cheese mixture and the fresh mozzarella slices.
- 18Bake until lasagna is bubbling, appx 30 minutes.
- 20While lasagna is baking, in a saucepan, combine cream and wine; bring to a boil and cook 10 to 15 minutes until reduced by half. Stir in parsley, sage, rosemary, and chives. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 21To serve, cut baked lasagna into squares and spoon warm sauce over it.
- 22*NOTE: You may sub boxed lasagna noodles, using three noodles per layer. Follow package directions for cooking and draining lasagne noodles before assembling.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Portabella Lasagna Bella Monica
Serving Size: 1 (378 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 588.0
- Calories from Fat 389
- Total Fat 43.2 g
- Saturated Fat 22.2 g
- Cholesterol 225.5 mg
- Sodium 1441.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 32.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: