Recipe by MarieRynr
This is a very adaptable recipe, impressive enough to cook if you have friends visiting and you are short of time. The Lemon and Honey impart a lovely flavour to the pork.
- 500 g pork fillets (tenderloin)
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley (a good handful)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 25 g pine nuts (pine nuts)
- 1⁄2 grated lemon, zest of
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon clear honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the pork into 3/4 inch thick slices.
- Combine flour with salt and pepper.
- Dredge the pork slices in this, patting and shaking to get rid of the excess.
- Coarsely chop the parsley.
- Heat one TBS of olive oil in a large frying pan and add the pork in a single layer. Fry for 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove and keep warm.
- Add another TBS of the olive oil to the pan and brown the pine kernels lightly, then stir in the lemon zest, lemon juice and honey. Bubble briefly, stirring to make a sauce.
- Return the pork to the pan, turning to coat and then scatter the parsley over top. Cook for 3 minutes, until thoroughly re-heated.
- Serve with buttered noodles and salad.