Sydney Mike's Note:
I found this recipe in the 2007 Taste of Home The Busy Family Cookbook, but tweaked it for just the 2 of us!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees F, then coat the inside of a 9"x9" baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2In a small bowl, combine salt, cinnamon, cardamom & pepper.
- 3In a large bowl, place the sweet potato slices & sprinkle them with just 1/2 teaspoon of the spice mixture & just 1 1/2 teaspoons of the oil, then toss to coat.
- 4Arrange the sweet potato slices in a single layer in the prepared baking pan, then bake uncovered for 10 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, cut the pork tenderloin in half, then rub the remaining oil over the pork, before coating it with the remaining spice mixture.
- 6Place the coated pork halves over the sweet potato slices & bake for 15 minutes.
- 7Meanwhile, cut each apple into 8 wedges, & when the pork has baked for 15 minutes, turn the pork over & arrange the apples around the meat.
- 8Bake another 15 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 145 degrees F ~ That's my reading, but if you're a traditionalist, you'll want it to read 160 degrees F!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Tenderloin With Apples and Sweet Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (309 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 417.7
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 110.5 mg
- Sodium 708.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 25.8 g
- Protein 36.7 g