1/1 Photo of Pork in Garlic Sauce
My daughter's boyfriend's mom gave her a cookbook that was created by the Houston Ballet for their Nutcracker Christmas Market in 1984. The recipes in the book were submitted by directors, choreographers, and dancers in the Houston Ballet that year. This recipe was submitted by Li Cunxin, Principal Dancer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut pork into 1" slices. Peel and mince the garlic. Chop the celery and green pepper into 1" pieces.
- 2Heat a wok (dry), then add 2 tablespoons of peanut oil. When oil is heated add half of the chopped garlic. Stir until garlic turns light brown in color.
- 3Add the pork and stir-fry until it begins to turn white. Add the soy sauce and rice vinegar and stir for 30 seconds. Remove all ingredients from wok and set aside.
- 4Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of peanut oil to the heated wok. Add the remaining chopped garlic and stir until it begins to brown.
- 5Add the celery pieces and stir for 30 seconds. Add the green pepper and stir for 15 seconds.
- 6Add a pinch of sea salt and stir quickly. Add the pork mixture that was set aside and stir for 2 minutes.
- 7Sprinkle sesame oil over the dish and turn off heat. Cover and let sit for 1 minute.
- 8Serve immediately with rice or noodles.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork in Garlic Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (219 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 373.8
- Calories from Fat 201
- Total Fat 22.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 91.9 mg
- Sodium 1000.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 35.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
brown rice vinegar