Recipe by KateL
Entered for ZWT, from Olivado website. Avocado oil comes from NZ. The pork butterfly steak is a thick chop taken from the loin eye which is cut almost in half so that it forms a butterfly pattern when opened on the hinge; about 1 inch is left at the hinge to keep it from separately completely.
- 4 pork butterfly steaks
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin avocado oil
- 1 cup parsley sprig
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin avocado oil or 1⁄4 cup olivado gold rosemary-infused avocado oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl mix lemon juice, garlic, mustard and avocado oil, brush steaks, marinade for 1 hour in refrigerator (covered).
- Mix parsley, garlic, salt, pepper in food processor. Add avocado oil to make thick paste, then sherry and lemon juice to taste.
- Remove steaks from marinade, cook in pan on medium heat for 5 minutes each side, serve with salsa. (Steaks may also be BBQ'd to at least an internal temperature of 145F/63C, allowing meat to rest for at least 3 minutes before serving.).