Recipe by Shake'n'Cake
From cuisine.com.au - untried
Top Review by AmandaInOz
Excellent pork belly recipe!! I cooked this for 45 minutes, and got a nice amount of crackling over most of the skin. The marinade flavours are quite subtle, but the Szechuan Pepper really makes the dish. Yum! Thanks for posting!
- 800 g pork belly, skin scored
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 1 piece fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 150 ml soy sauce
- 100 ml shaoxing rice wine or 100 ml dry sherry
- 2 brown onions
- 2 tablespoons szechwan pepper
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 lemon, cut into quarters
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the pork, garlic, ginger, soy and wine in a bowl, cover and place in fridge to marinate for about six hours or overnight. If possible, turn the pork over a few times.
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Cut the unpeeled onions in half and place on a baking tray skin side up.
- Place pork on top skin side up and bake in the oven for an hour or until cooked through and a deep golden brown.
- Rest 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, dry-fry or place the szechuan pepper in the oven for two minutes to release aroma.
- Then grind to a fine powder with the sea salt in a coffee grinder or mortar and pestle. Place in a dish. Serve slices of pork with lemon and szechuan salt and pepper.