Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
365 Easy Italian Recipes Serves 6
- 1 boneless pork loin roast
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 fennel bulb, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 cup water
- Season pork with salt and pepper. Heat oil over medium heat. Add pork and cook, turning several times, 6-8 minutes or until browned all over. Remove to platter. Wipe pan clean with paper towels.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in pan. Add onion and fennel and cook, stirring, 5 minutes or until softened.
- Return pork to pan. Add water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and cook 90 minutes or until meat is tender and juice runs clear. Slice pork and serve with fennel and onions.