Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this recipe in my local paper. The tomato acts like an astringent to tighten pores and remove excess oil, while the honey is a natural moisterizer that softens the skin. While trying to post this there was some issue with the tomato, it should be one green tomato, just incase it shows up as zero.
- 1 small unripe tomatoes (the greener the better) or 1 medium unripe tomatoes (the greener the better)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- In a blender or food processor puree tomato and honey into a thick pulp.
- Cleanse the face well and exfoliate with our favorite product or washcloth to ensure pores are open.
- Using two fingers, gently massage the pulp into (onto?) your face.
- Let it sit for 20 minutes and then rinse off with cold water.
- Put leftovers in a plastic container in the fridge.
- It will last up to a month.
I love the way my face felt after using this!
I will never buy a store-bought mask again! I love to make my own beauty products and this one was not only easy but refreshing and effective. It definitely made my pores look smaller and my skin feel smoother. I also loved the way it smelled. I went ahead and used a red tomato, since I didn't have a green one. The mixture was a little thin, but I didn't have any trouble getting it to stay on my face. I can't wait to try this with a green tomato this summer.