Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 1 ounce dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 1⁄2 cups breadcrumbs (fresh)
- 1⁄3 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- kosher salt, to taste, plus
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 2 racks of lamb (each with 8 ribs, about 2 1/2 lb. total, Frenched)
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil, plus
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 cup parsley, leaves (flat-leaf)
- 1⁄2 cup mint leaf, fresh
- 1⁄3 cup rosemary, leaves. fresh
- In a blender, process the dried porcini mushrooms into a fine powder. Transfer 3 Tbs. of the porcini powder to a bowl (reserve the rest for another use). Add the bread crumbs, cheese and chopped parsley to the bowl, and season with salt and pepper.
- Season the racks of lamb with salt and pepper. Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Preheat an oven to 375ºF.
- Drizzle each rack of lamb with 1 Tbs. of the olive oil, rubbing it evenly over the meat. Coat the lamb with the bread crumb mixture, pressing so it adheres.
- Heat an 11-inch nonstick grill pan over medium-high heat. When the pan is just smoking, lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray. Add the racks of lamb and sear, turning once, until well browned, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Transfer the pan to the oven and roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the racks, away from the bone, registers 130ºF for medium-rare, 20 to 25 minutes, or until done to your liking. Transfer the racks to a carving board, cover loosely with aluminum foil and let rest for 15 minutes.
- â€¨Meanwhile, in a blender, combine the 3/4 cup olive oil, the garlic, vinegar, the 1 teaspoons salt and pepper, to taste. Blend on high until well combined, about 1 minute. Add the parsley, mint and rosemary leaves and pulse, scraping down the sides of the blender occasionally, until the herbs are chopped. Pulse less for a chunkier consistency and more for a smoother consistency.
- Carve the racks into individual chops and arrange on a warmed platter. Pass the sauce alongside.