Recipe by English_Rose
This recipe for crispy, flavoured flat-bread makes a great party nibble to serve with drinks.
- 7 ounces bread flour
- 1⁄2-2⁄3 cup water
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 4 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 pinch curry powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375°F
- In a large mixing bowl mix together the flour and salt.
- Gradually add enough water, mixing in well with each addition, to form a thick dough.
- Shape a handful of the dough into a rough ball.
- Feed this dough ball through a pasta machine three times.
- Adjust the pasta machine to a thinner setting and pass the dough through three times again, making smooth, elastic sheets of dough.
- Place the dough sheet on a greased baking sheet.
- Brush with a little olive oil and sprinkle generously with poppy seeds, sesame seeds and a touch of curry powder.
- Repeat the process until all the dough has been used up.
- Bake the sheets of dough for 10 minutes until crisp and golden, in batches if necessary.
- Cool on wire racks and snap into biscuit-sized pieces.
- Store in an airtight container.