1/2 Photos of Poppy Seed-Honey Dressing
I found this recipe in the 'Joy of Cooking' cookbook. I was looking for a poppy seed and honey dressing recipe that was like a dressing that I loved at the Bittersweet Cafe in Kent, WA. This dressing is delicious. 'Joy of Cooking' recommends using a salad of fruits and greens, but a simple garden salad is a perfect mate as well. The step with the immersion blender is optional and was not in the cookbook, but I found it helpful to keep the ingredients from seperating and it pureed the shallots perfectly. I hope you enjoy as much as I do.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11. Whisk together in a small bowl until smooth: honey, vinegar, shallot, dijon, poppy seeds, and salt & pepper.
- 22. While whisking constantly, gradually add the olive oil.
- 33. (Optional) Once all ingredients are added together and salt & pepper has been added to taste. Blend with an immersion blender.
- 44. Serve with salad of your choice.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Poppy Seed-Honey Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 806.8
- Calories from Fat 385
- Total Fat 42.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 183.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 111.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 104.9 g
- Protein 2.3 g