Recipe by Maxxr
Some people add 1 tbsp. finely minced lemon zest, 1/3 cup chopped raisins, 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon and/or 1/2 cup chopped almonds to their filling. I like mine plain!
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak poppyseeds in boiling water for 1 hour.
- Place in pot on stove and boil for 5 minute Drain.
- Cover poppyseeds with more water and boil again.
- Add milk to poppyseeds and boil for 5 minute.
- Add butter and honey and simmer on a low heat until thick and liquid has evaporated.
- When cool, add grated apple.
- Taste, and add more honey if not sweet enough for your liking.
- Place in mincer or food processsor and mince together.