Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 mins
Posted for a request. I have only ever bought them so if you choose to make them I'd be interested to know your results. Prep or cooking times do not reflect the 2 hour drying time.
- 2 cups garbanzo bean flour
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, coarse ground
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- In your food processor bowl combine the garbanzo bean flour, black pepper, cumin and salt.
- Pulse to combine well.
- Add the minced garlic, pulse again to mix well.
- With your food processor running slowly add the 1/4 cup water.
- You want your dough pulled together well but not wet.
- Add the additional 1 tablespoon water if your dough is not pulling together into a ball.
- Your dough should be stiff and feel somewhat dry, unlike bread dough.
- Using your hands form dough into a 6 inch log.
- Cut log into 12 1/2 inch slices.
- Using a little of your oil lightly brush both sides of each slice.
- Roll into super thin rounds about 6 inches in diameter.
- At this point you can bake them in a 300 degree oven for about 15 to 20 minutes until dry but not brown, or fry them in the traditional way.
- Allow your poppadoms to dry at room temp for around 2 to 3 hours-you want them dry but still with a little bend.
- Heat Oil in a heavy skillet over medium high heat.
- Fry each round for 15 on each side-remove and drain on paper towells or a rack.
- Repeat until done.
- Eat immediately with hummus or baba ganouy.