Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
These are really yummy
- 3⁄4 cup gluten flour, plus
- 1 tablespoon gluten flour
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream or 1⁄2 cup low-carb milk
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, for a slightly different taste (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Combine all wet ingredients beating with electric mixer at medium speed with an electric blender till smooth.
- Add gluten flour slowly continuing to beat during addition.
- If you don't add slowly to wet ingredients and mix thoroughly with electric mixer, it will be very thick and lumpy.
- Stir in cheese.
- Heat a well greased muffin pan at 425 degrees for 3 minutes until very hot.
- Spoon in batter, filling 2/3 full.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat and bake at 350 degrees for 25 more minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve immediately.
- They will keep in refrigerator for several days.
- Reheat in a toaster or conventional oven not a microwave.