Recipe by COOKGIRl
Add this salad recipe to the growing list of recipes taken from our local natural food market's weekly flyer. Only the freshest ingredients will work.
- 4 cups fresh Baby Spinach
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon shallot, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 nectarine, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh blueberries or 1⁄4 cup dried blueberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse the spinach well and dry in salad spinner.
- Stack the mint leaves and cut crosswise into thin strips.
- In large mixing bowl combine the spinach leaves with the mint. Toss well.
- To make the dressing combine the lime juice, vinegar, shallot, and salt in a small bowl. Whisk in the olive oil and.
- season the salad dressing to taste with freshly ground black pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the greens and toss lightly.
- Divide the mixture between four salad plates. In fan fashion, garnish the nectarine slices on each salad plate.
- Sprinkle the blueberries on top.