Recipe by roja khan
Deep fried pancakes made with all purpose flour.
Top Review by Leah's Kitchen
Delicious! They went so fast I could hardly keep them around long enough to take a picture of them! I kind of had to guess on how much water I should put in but it turned out well anyway. I added it a little at a time like you said and ended up adding apx. half a cup. They turned out soft and so good. Thanks Roja Khan!
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift all purpose flour and salt. Add 1/2 tbsp oil. Knead lightly. Add water and knead well till becomes soft. Water should be added gradually. Keep aside covered for about 20 minutes.
- Divide into about 10 portions. Roll out each portion into a round size of about four inch diameter.
- Heat oil to very hot in a deep frying pan. Fry one at a time with light tapping so that it puffs, turn over till light golden. Drain and remove.
- Serve hot with any curry or can be taken as it is.
- Note:-Important points to note are - kneading and frying. Too much kneading with oil will make very crunchy luchis. But luchis should be soft and puffed.