Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
A delicious and cheap recipe that I came up with when I needed to use the last potatoes and carrots before they went bad. It's one of my favorites to make.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut small
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut small (or 1 cup baby carrots, more or less depending on preferance, cut in half)
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (15 ounce) can kernel corn, drained reserving juice
- Boil water in a large pot.
- Add carrots and potatoes and boil 10-15 minutes until tender.
- Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, brown meat in a large skillet.
- Drain well.
- Add 3/4 or full can of corn (depending on preferance) to meat.
- In a small pot combine soup and corn juice (use less for thicker stew).
- Heat over med-low until warm.
- Add potato and carrots to meat.
- Pour soup over top and stir gently.
- Heat if neccesary.
So good! I was in search of some good recipes that are cheap and easy to make and I am so happy I stumbled across this one! I did add a little spice to the recipe, though. I felt like it was a little bland at first but other than that it was great and I am going to make this one more often! Yummy and affordable!