Prep 1 min
Cook 5 mins
A sweet n' tangy treat to be enjoyed any day, any time.
- 2⁄3 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 cup frozen strawberries (fresh is OK, but I used frozen)
- 1⁄2-1 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt
- vanilla extract
- ice cube
- Add strawberries, pomegranate juice, and yogurt to blender. Purée until smooth.
- Add the vanilla and blend. You may add more vanilla if you wish.
- Mix in the ice cubes until the desired consistency is achieved.
I'm not much for pomegranate juice on it's own (though I do like the fruit itself), but it goes very nicely in this drink! As with most drinks like this, I leave out the ice cubes, especially when using frozen fruits, as I did here! I also added a measure of vanilla protein powder & then left out the extract! Thanks for A VERY NICE TREAT! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup tag]
A neat way to use the pomegranate juice (that I didn't know what to do with) and the fresh strawberries (that were going bad) and my no sugar added low fat vanilla ice cream. Not super sweet but a lovely drink. I didn't know how much vanilla was appropriate so I used 1/2 tsp. That seemed about right. I think frozen strawberries would give it more frothiness. Thanks Zoe!